Sit back, do a little deep breathing, and read on about Best Ways to Reduce Stress.
Stress can be a crazy thing. According to the American Institute of Stress, there is no one definition of stress.
However, it is generally agreed, that stress can cause all kinds of havoc on our health.
How does stress affect health?
Because the causes of stress carry with it each external and internal forces and events, that affect each the body and mind, they understand as a personal level. Therefore, what’s nerve-wracking to at least one person, could or might not be nerve-wracking to a different. Likewise, what causes tension-related ill health in one person might not have a similar result on another.
I have a scan that various studies have shown a clear stress health correlation, for example, an affiliation in stress, tension, and disorder with terribly similar psychological and physiological stress symptoms showing in massive numbers of people.
Information contained on this page isn’t provided by a medical skilled and may NOT be accustomed to replace the recommendation of 1. A health care supplier will counsel the simplest best ways to reduce stress, specific to individual circumstances.
Symptoms of Stress
Although the symptoms of stress vary significantly from one person to the next, decades of research has found a certain commonality among individuals who have experienced the signs of the fight-or-flight response that stress produces. But that doesn’t mean there is no door open to reduce stress.
Some of these stress symptoms are expressed in the way of a physical condition or behavioral change.
- High blood pressure
- Chest pain, rapid heart rate or heart palpitations
- Impaired digestive system
- Neck and back pain, or other sore muscle pain
- Drug, alcohol or food dependence
- Weakened immune system
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Skin disorders such as hives or eczema
- Decreased sex drive
- Jaw clenching and tightening
- Frequent illnesses such as colds or flu
- Isolating oneself from others
While other symptoms are more emotional and cognitive and may include:
- Mood swings
- Poor personal and family relationships
- Feelings of loneliness or isolation
- Restlessness and inability to relax, or sleep
- Negative thinking
- Short temper, irritability, and impatience
- Constant worrying
- Feeling overwhelmed
On a more positive note, not all stress creates a stress-related illness. Events such as a job promotion or getting married can be good stress. It is how we react to stress, how we take care of our body during stressful periods and the ways that we handle the pressure that is so important.
It may be an enclosed OR associate external force that’s inflicting your nervousness. Or, it may be each.
A classic example of the mixture of the 2 is that the one that is affected by work stress. Realizing however stressed have become, this person begins to stress regarding the impact of stress on their health. Now, not solely is job stress a problem; however, they need the further burden of their health issues. In this case, we should think positively, how we can reduce stress, cause there is always a door in our mind.
Besides job stress, what are some of the other leading causes of stress? You aren’t alone if you suffer from:
- Holiday stress
- Vacation stress
- Caregiver stress
- Moving weight
- Wedding stress
- Teenage stress
- Financial burden
- Parenting reduce stress
- Pressure in college
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Marital stress
- Diet stress
- Pregnancy stress
And the list goes on and on.
The fortunate people are those who realize that something in their lives is causing stress, and they successfully find ways to turn down stress or learn how to manage stress.
However, many people are not aware of how stressed they have become until they begin to show the emotional or physiological effects of stress.
Speaking of stress at work – read about my luck in finding one of the best low-italicize jobs.
Let’s start with some fun ways to reduce stress! How about some stress relief games which through the use of your thought processes, vision and hearing can help move your mind away from stress causes.
Where do you want to play, indoors? You can try some.
- Crossword puzzles
- Rubik cubes
- Card games like Solitaire
Or outdoors, how to include.
My intention is only to share sites where you will find “clean fun.” My random sampling of the games listed on these sites indicates they are appropriate. However, I have not personally reviewed each of the games.
What are some other Best ways to reduce stress?
Thankfully, many, many methods can lead to stress/tension reduction. Finding a way to chop your stress may be a matter of trial and error, but if you start with one or more things that look like they will fit your lifestyle, you will probably be more successful to reduce stress.
- Stress management classes, either in a group setting or one-on-one with a counselor, can provide a great environment to talk about the strain factors in your life and receive peer and professional guidance in ways to lessen them.
- There are various forms of meditation to choose from. However, a mind-body relation is the basis for each of these.
I use mindfulness-based stress reduction, which focuses on acceptance and being in the present moment. I have found Full Catastrophe Living, Using the Wisdom of your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness, by Jon Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D., to be an excellent resource for this type of meditation.
- Reading, whether it is magazines, newspapers, or books helps keep your mind focused on thoughts other than what is creating nervousness. Or, you may find inspirational stress relief by reading stress quotes, periodically throughout the day.
- Exercise in any form is my #1 choice in ways to reduce nervousness! Whether it’s walking for exercise, stretch yoga, office chair exercise, or aerobic exercise
Best Way to Reduce Stress relaxation techniques.
I find the best physical and emotional release this way. And when you think about all of the health benefits of the practice, it’s no wonder that it is one of the top stress relaxation techniques.
- Physical activity does not need to be limited to an exercise workout. Other best ways to reduce stress can include easy activities such as gardening, fishing, boating, hiking or skiing. Because these activities demand much attention, they can often successfully distract you from negative thoughts.
- Hobbies like needlepoint, woodworking, painting, and scrapbooking are also ways to manage stress by forcing your mind to refocus on the task at hand.
- Prayer, both in rare form and as part of a church or religious group may be useful in helping relax your mind. The feeling of unity that a place of worship provides, and being part of something larger than yourself, can be very uplifting.
- Massage therapy can help relieve stress to the point that it is now being used regularly, as a treatment for many patients in health care facilities. If money is tight and a professional massage is not an option how about a home spa treatment?
- Films and television can be a great distraction from your day-to-day woes. Who’s your favorite actor or actress? Have you seen them in a movie lately? When television news gets too depressing, maybe the sitcoms aren’t that bad!
- Laugh and the world will laugh with you. Of all the ways to reduce tension, laughter may be the most natural and most accessible, so much so that laughter therapy groups are now becoming mainstream.
And, by no means is it a waste of time trying to find your ways to less stress. It could be the best thing you have done for your mind and body, in a long, long time.